Gift Card balances in the app almost always refresh on their own. Should you encounter an error with your balance, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Find your open apps by double-clicking the home button
- Swipe up on Coffee Bean app to close it
- Press home button again to return to main screen
- Open Coffee Bean app
- Once opened, tap 'Scan' to get to the gift card balance screen.
- Hold from the top of the page and pull down to refresh the balance
- Gift card balances also rely on silent push notification. To ensure notifications are enabled, follow the below:
- Settings>Notifications>Coffee Bean app> Check Allow Notifications
- Gift card balance should now be accurate.
*These steps were created using the Samsung Galaxy S8. Wording may be slightly different for different Androids devices*
1. Ensure you are on the most current version of the app.
- To ensure that it is the latest version, please completely delete the app (Hold and long=press on the app icon until a popup is displayed. Then click uninstall)
- Reinstall The Coffee Bean app from Google Play Store
2. Ensure that your Android’s OS is the latest
- Software Update
- Check for Updates
- Update if there are updates
3. Open app > Drag down main page with Balance downward > see if balance refreshes.
4. If you are still having issues, please follow these steps:
- Lock Screen and Security
- Notifications (This setting is only available if a screen lock type is setup. Notifications must be switched on to access setup)
- Ensure that hide content is turned OFF
- Tap on Show Notifications from
- Click on All Apps and turn on (or turn on Coffee Bean App specifically)
- Check Allow Notifications to be on
5. Part 2
- Data Usage
- Select More option from the top right corner of the screen
- Look for the option labeled as Restrict Background Data and selected (ensure that it is off)
If you are still having issues, please contact our Guest Relations Team. We are happy to help!